Secret Agent Society Program
The Secret Agent Society is a spy-themed social skills program for children aged 8-12 years old. The program helps children who have difficulty managing anxiety and need to boost their social skills toolbox. For students who are in upper primary school, it is a wonderful preparation for secondary school.
The Secret Agent Society has scientifically researched results and uses innovated and well-targeted resources to engage children and make learning fun. The program makes a big difference to how children with social and emotional difficulties manage their home and school life.
For more information, visit the Secret Agent Society website.
Melbourne Child Development, incorporating Robyn Stephen & Associates, have been running Secret Agent Society groups since 2013 and are regarded as one of the most experienced practices running the program in Melbourne. We have partnered with over 23 schools with 12 groups of successful graduates who report ongoing success in interacting with peers and family on a daily basis.
The Secret Agent Society group is held once a week for 90 minutes, and runs over 9 weeks. Included each week is a parent feedback session, where one of the Speech Pathologists facilitating the group will meet with all the parents and discuss the weekly session and how the strategies can be used at home or at school during the week. These parent feedback sessions are held in the last 30 minutes of the session in a different room.
In the lead up to the beginning of the program, a parent information session and a teacher information session are held in order to introduce the program and its concepts to everyone involved in the child’s support team. One of the strengths of the Secret Agent Society is that it integrates the program content into everyday life for the children, so by including parents, carers, and teachers in the process, the strategies and approaches learned within the weekly sessions can be implemented in the family and home life, and in the school environment with great success.
Funding and Rebate Options for the SAS Program
- Helping Children with Autism and Better Start for Children with a Disability (FaHCSIA) – Children who are registered under this funding may use it for these sessions.
- Medicare – Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDMP) (previously named EPC – Enhanced Primary Care Plan) – Your General Practitioner is the person who determines whether your child qualifies for this program. These Medicare rebated session can only be used for individual therapy sessions and will therefore only apply to the pre-program assessment.
- Medicare – Helping Children with Autism and Better Start for Children with a Disability – Your Paediatrician/Psychiatrist/General Practitioner (GP only for Better Start for Children with a Disability) is the person who will determine if your child is eligible for this program. These Medicare rebated session can only be used for individual therapy sessions and will therefore only apply to the pre-program assessment.
- Private Health Insurance – Check with your Private Health insurer to see if you are covered for Speech Pathology Group sessions in your extras cover
- NDIS – Children who are registered under this funding program may be able to use it for these sessions. Please check your plan, and if necessary discuss with your plan manager if there will be any out of pocket expenses (e.g. Third-party managed plans). Please note that Melbourne Child Development has decided not to become a registered NDIS provider – those with an NDIA managed plan will need to seek an NDIS registered provider.
Program Terms and Conditions
- Enrolment to this program requires commitment to all sessions.
- An administration fee of $275 is required to enrol in the program for administration costs. This fee is non-refundable* and will be taken off the cost of the first session.
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the per session cost will apply if cancelled within 24 hours of the session time. Cancellation fees are usually the responsibility of the parent/carer as most funding and rebate programs do not cover these.
*Should the group not proceed for reasons determined by Melbourne Child Development, any deposits paid will be refunded.
The Secret Agent Society is a highly sought after program and spaces are limited. Please email email@example.com or call our friendly client services team on 03 9890 1062 for more information.