Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Feeding Assessments
Now available via Telehealth!
Do you have a child who is a fussy eater? You are not alone – for many parents mealtimes can feel more like a battleground than they do like spending quality family time together, and picky eating is a very common source of stress for parents. In fact, one in five parents will seek additional professional support for their child’s fussy eating.
Melbourne Child Development is excited to announce multi-disciplinary feeding assessments delivered to you via telehealth. The supportive clinical team can help you right from the comfort of your home to get on top of your child’s eating.
The 5-step assessment: How does it work?
- New Client Call: Call the friendly client service to arrange a phone call with a feeding clinician
- Parent Interview: A 45-minute parent Interview is conducted to review information relating to your child’s difficulties and current eating skills.
- Feeding Assessment: A 1 hour Feeding Assessment is conducted which includes observing the child’s eating some preferred and non-preferred foods, play and doing some tasks modelled by the clinician. This is recorded with your consent to enable multi-disciplinary input within the case conference.
- Case Conference: A case conference is held by the multi-disciplinary feeding team to further evaluate your child’s eating.
- Feedback and Written Report: your lead feeding clinician will hold a parent report feedback and plans for therapy if required.
Parents find that the feeding assessment provides them with information and strategies straight away to understand how to help their child.
If you are interested in finding out more, please call Client Services on (03) 9890 1062 or send an email to email@example.com